Choose From Our Eco-Friendly Packaging Range and Help Your Business Become More Environmentally Friendly
At Forms Plus, based near the ocean in beautiful Cornwall, we are very aware of our impact on the environment, and we know that our customers are too. Over 95% of you told us that it matters both to you, and to your customers, that their orders are shipped and received in planet-friendly packaging.
Eco-friendly packaging products can be difficult to source, so we work hard with our suppliers to bring you the best options to make your business more environmentally friendly.
It can also be difficult to understand the various benefits applied to eco-friendly packaging. We have developed a code based on 5 key features to help you recognise how each of these choices make a positive impact on the environment.
The features we look for in eco-friendly packaging are:
- Plastic Free – These products do not contain any plastics made from fossil fuels. Instead, they use natural materials which will biodegrade easily without polluting the environment or making their way into the ocean.
- Recyclable – These products can be recycled easily, alongside normal household recycling, so they do not need to end up in landfill. Recyclable products can then be made into something else, reducing landfill waste and saving on raw materials, all helping the environment.
- Biodegradable – These products will rot away to nothing, within a few months rather than taking years or decades, not taking up space in landfill. They will do this without releasing toxic chemicals into the environment.
- Sustainable Materials – These products are made from renewable resources that do not deplete or degrade the environment. This includes paper and cardboard packaging, made from pulp and timber taken from forests that are sustainably managed and recognised as such by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Recycled – These items are made from materials that have been used at least once before and recycled into your packaging. Re-using materials in this way saves on virgin materials, cuts down the resources involved in sourcing raw materials and reduces landfill. Some of these products maybe be able to be re-used or recycled again.
Choosing these products can help us all by reducing waste, saving on energy and raw materials, cutting down on the use of fossil fuels, decreasing the amount of plastic in the environment and ensuring less packaging ends up in landfill.
We hope that by choosing from our eco-friendly packaging range of envelopes, protective packaging, book wraps, mailing bags and other items, you will be able to reduce your business’s impact on the environment, whilst providing your customers with the planet-friendly experience they now expect. Get in touch with us now if you’d like to discuss options for switching to more environmentally friendly packaging or if you’d like to know more about our products’ eco credentials.