At Forms Plus, we are committed to ensuring our business operations and investment decisions have a positive impact on the environment.
We fulfil this commitment by:
- Complying with environmental regulations.
- Carefully considering the eco-credentials of our suppliers and courier partners.
- Sourcing products, where possible, from trade partners with Environmental Certification and accredited labelling schemes such as ISO14001, FSC and PEFC.
- Actively seeking alternative materials to reduce waste and environmental impact whilst increasing recyclability of our packaging and print products.
- Sourcing products with environmental credentials and keeping our customers informed on which products have these credentials. For more on this, see our Eco-Benefits information below.
- Encouraging staff involvement in environmental issues.
- Promoting energy conservation by efficient use, careful storage and operational planning.
- Minimising waste of all kinds, promoting recycling where possible.
- Ensuring the safe disposal of all hazardous materials and preventing pollution.
- Adopting policies that take into account the visual and environmental impact of the company on the local community.
We carefully choose the right size packaging to despatch your order and stock plenty of packaging sizes, so you can do the same. This reduces the need for excess void fill around your item. Choosing the best size of packaging keeps the weight of your order to a minimum, which reduces the carbon emissions involved in its delivery.
Our courier partners DPD ensure that every parcel we deliver is carbon neutral. This is done by measuring their emissions, striving to reduce them and offsetting any remaining emissions.
To help you identify the environmental credentials of our products, we have labelled them with our eco-benefits logo. The number in the logo relates to the number of eco-benefits the product has. The more benefits a product has the more environmentally beneficial it is.
These benefits are:
Using recycled rather than virgin materials to make our packaging reduces the use of raw materials and cuts down the resources involved in obtaining those raw materials. By using recycled products, we can all help reduce landfill. Our recycled products are marked as such, and our clients report this is often remarked up and appreciated by customers.
Our paper and cardboard-based products are recyclable and accepted as household recycling. Our polythene and other plastic products are also recyclable. If they are not accepted as household recycling, they can be dropped at recycling centres. Mixed products like padded envelopes are recyclable once the paper is separated from the plastic. Recyclable products can be made into something else, reducing landfill waste and saving on raw materials, all helping the environment.
- Sustainable Materials
Sustainable products do not deplete or degrade the environment. We can rely on using these products into the future, at the same time reducing our environmental impact and ecological footprint. All our padded envelopes are sourced with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certification. This is a global certification system that lets the user identify materials from well managed forests and ensures a standard from timber and pulp up through the process chain, whilst offering full traceability.
All our book wraps, all board and board-backed envelopes, integrated labels and postal tubes are biodegradable.
Biodegradable packing is free from toxins and allergens, it is lightweight and recyclable so will not need to end up in landfill. We can also source compostable products, which offer even greater environmental attributes.
Our re-useable packaging is durable and robust enough to be used over and over, reducing landfill and manufacturing costs, whilst cutting down the amount of energy that a one-time use product incurs. It has a longer storage life and our plastic packaging is all recyclable.
All our mailing bags are made from recycled materials and all our integrated and laser labels are made from sustainable materials. Our plastic packaging is recyclable and our postal boxes, book wraps, all board and board backed envelopes are biodegradable.
Supplying your products in environmentally friendly packaging not only helps the environment, it promotes the environmental ethics of your company, which your customers will notice and appreciate.