Are you making the most of your despatch notes and labels? If your paperwork is designed solely to get an order from your distribution centre to your customer’s doorstep, you could be missing out on vital marketing opportunities and, more importantly, potential revenue.
Tips for maximising the potential of your despatch notes:
- Incorporate your branding – When you provide customers with a hassle-free delivery experience, reiterating your company name and logo on your labels and despatch notes helps to build brand loyalty. Forms Plus offers treble integrated labels, which enable you to use the two large sticky labels for delivery and return addresses and the small sticky label for promotional purposes.
- Offer promotions/discounts – Incentivize your customers to re-order with special offers, friends and family discounts, or leaflets/brochures that can help cross sell other products. A3 despatch notes offer retailers the opportunity to promote your top products, or highlight special offers.
- Simplify your returns process – By integrating a pre-addressed, self-stick returns label, you can provide a stress-free returns service that will encourage customers to order from you again in future. One study from UC Berkeley reports that nearly 90% of customers will return to shop where they had a positive return experience.
- Spread the word through social media – When you provide your customers with a positive ecommerce experience, give them the chance to rave about it. Including your social media details on your despatch notes and labels is a free marketing opportunity that helps to build brand loyalty and enables you to directly interact with your customers. Studies indicate that 65% of people have more brand loyalty if a company reaches out to them on social media, and 75% of people share positive experiences they have had with brands via social media.
- Maximise print space – Leaving the back of your despatch note blank can be a waste of a valuable marketing opportunity. Consider including a feedback form, link to a web survey, or return satisfaction questionnaire and make the most of your print space.
Translating print into profit:
A well-designed despatch note can help you drive up your profits. With the average customised despatch note costing around 2.5p per sheet, you can cover your print costs with a 1% re-order rate. As the chart below shows, sales increases of 2%+ can deliver an incredible return on your investment:
Forms Plus can provide you with additional ideas to help you personalise your despatch notes and labels to help drive sales, create better brand awareness, and improve customer service and operational efficiency. Contact our helpful customer service team today to get the most out of your print operations.